I conducted this same interview last year and wanted to do it every year at around the same time, but it slipped my mind last month. As a result, the responses below are from The Boy at a newly-turned age 5, not at age 4.
(Interview conducted at approximately 6:04PM. Answers provided by The Boy. Commentary from Eileen follows responses in italics.)
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Go to the car.
True. I say this every day when I pick him up from school.
2. What makes mom happy?
When I use my listening ears.
3. What makes mom sad?
When I don’t cuddle you.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When you say a joke like, “Knock knock. Who’s there? Banana. Banana who? Banana bun.”
This was a joke Cousin M came up with when she was about 2. He still finds it funny. Cousin M, of course, does not.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
You cuddled your mom.
Yes, this is true, too.
6. How old is your mom?
I don’t know. A hundred? 34? 38?
Though I may feel like I’m a hundred today as I recover from yesterday’s run, he was much closer with his other answers.
7. How tall is your mom
Stand up. [I stand, and he stands up on the couch and puts his hand on top of my head.] This tall.
I think he cheated on this.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
What you were just watching.
For the record, I was watching Psych on the Roku box when he and Cute Husband came home from Epcot. It’s good mindless television that is fun to have on while I’m straightening up the house a bit.
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Do the laundry.
Yes! I mean, true.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
He’s so very sweet.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Watching TV. I’m serious.
Hmmm… Hoping for something other than this, but, okay.
12. What is your mom not very good at?
True. But, really, neither is he. Yet.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Be my mommy.
I love this child!
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
Macaroni and cheese.
This was what I was eating when he and Cute Husband got back from Epcot. Apparently, if I want better responses, I should pick better times to ask the questions.
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
As being a nice mom.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Mickey Mouse. I mean, Daisy Duck.
I had to remind him that Mickey Mouse is a boy. Then he changed it to Daisy Duck, who, incidentally, I like much better than Minnie. So he may be on to something.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Go to the movies.
Really? I’ve taken him out for ice cream and breakfast and he picks the movies?
18. How are you and your mom the same?
By our nose.
19. How are you and your mom different?
From our shirts.
Well, yes, our shirts are different. I supposed that’s one way you could tell us apart.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Because she cuddles me.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Because he cuddles you.
Apparently, cuddling is important to this little man.
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
23. If you would change one thing about mom, what would it be?
As being a daddy. So you could be a boy.
Oddly, this is the same response (ish) as last year! Hmm…