(Interview conducted at approximately 11:50AM. Answers provided by The Boy. Commentary from Eileen follows responses in italics.)
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Use your listening ears.
I was hoping for something like, “I love you”, but he’s kind of right.
2. What makes mom happy?
Do what she says.
3. What makes mom sad?
When I don’t use my listening ears.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When you make a funny face like this (proceeds to stick out his tongue)
For the record, I don’t do that often, and there are many other ways I make him laugh (I think).
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Chocolate chip pancakes.
Clearly, he misheard the question and thought I asked what mom liked as a child. But we’ll go with it.
6. How old is your mom?
Impressive, considering we had the talk about ages about 3 weeks ago. This kid has my mom’s memory. Scary stuff.
7. How tall is your mom
6 and a half
Not sure what that means, but okay.
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
Phineas and Ferb
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Was hoping for “cleans” or “sleeps”; both would have been acceptable answers. Also looking for “writes” or “does homework”.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I’ve got the emo market cornered. As Cute Husband said when I shared this interview with him, “Look out, Morrissey!”
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
He should reverse his answers for 11 and 12.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Writes her stuff
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
Really? I hardly eat it in front of him!
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
When she uses listening ears.
Okay, I’m sensing a theme here…
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Must resist laughing… He’s very serious about this.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Spend time together
I asked him to elaborate and he refused. He merely emphasized that we spend time together.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
When we smile.
I think he’s got a cuter smile.
19. How are you and your mom different?
When we don’t smile.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
When I just know.
Okay, that melted my heart a bit.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
When he uses his listening ears.
Okay, there’s a definite theme to this.
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
I was kind of curious to get his response on this. I really don’t have a favorite place to go, I don’t think, unless it’s to sleep.
23. If you would change one thing about mom, what would it be?
When I asked him to elaborate, he said, “You would be Daddy.”